- Technology is transforming what happens when a child goes to school
July 2017, The Economist
This in-depth article explores personalized learning options in today's school, highlighting Summit as the most influential personalized learning approach working at scale in schools across the US.
- Pacesetter in Personalized Learning
June 2017, EdNext
This in-depth article uses examples of Summit Learning projects to illustrate how Summit Learning can transform the classroom experience for students and teachers.
- I Love This Cutting-Edge School Design
August 2016, Gates Notes
Hear from Bill Gates on his introduction to Summit Learning, and why he believes that redesigning education is so critical.
- Resilience, Risk-Taking, and Dreaming Big
August 2017, Melinda Gates on Medium
Melinda Gates shares the "eye-opening lesson's" learned from her work with teachers and students over the past several years.
- Park City Learning Center embraces new approach, name
August 2017, Park Record
Learn more about a new Summit Learning school in Park City, Utah and why they chose Summit Learning for their students.
- The Science Behind Summit Public Schools' Model
August 2017, Education Week
This op-ed from Summit's Chief Academic Officer Adam Carter details the learning science and research behind the Summit Learning approach.
- Supporting Educators as Ambassadors for Mastery-based Learning
August 2017, Mastery Communications Week
Hear tips from Caitlyn Herman, head of schools for Summit Public Schools in the Bay Area, about the importance of communications in your school community.
- How it works: A new report explains the research behind a school model
August 2017, The Hechinger Report
Learn more about the launch of the Science of Summit report, the research behind it and how it's relevant for educators everywhere.
- Summit Learning: Empowering Students to Live the Lives They Want to Lead
July 2017, The Path to Higher Ed Podcast
Summit Learning mentor Nicholas Kim explains how the Summit Learning approach helps students learn about the benefits of a growth mindset and college and career readiness.
- Personalized Learning Is a Mindset Not a Prescribed Model
July 2017, Education Week
This profile of two Summit Learning schools in Chicago discusses why they chose personalized learning.
- Together, technology and teachers can revamp schools
July 2017, The Economist
This article showcases several examples of how technology can support teachers in transforming their classrooms.
- Personalized Learning Residency Places Teachers at Summit Public Schools
July 2017, THE Journal
Learn more about Summit's new teacher residency program, a credentialing program built around personalized learning.
- Priscilla Chan is running one of the most ambitious philanthropies in the world
July 2017, Recode
This story provides background on Priscilla Chan and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative's philosophy on philanthropy and education.
- Not Just Buzzwords: How Teachers Bring Big Ideas, Innovative Practices to Life
July 2017, EdSurge
Read a profile of Summit Learning school Delsesto Middle School, a Rhode Island school with a compelling perspective on personalized learning and technology.