- Technology is transforming what happens when a child goes to school
July 2017, The Economist
This in-depth article explores personalized learning options in today's school, highlighting Summit as the most influential personalized learning approach working at scale in schools across the US.
- Pacesetter in Personalized Learning
June 2017, EdNext
This in-depth article uses examples of Summit Learning projects to illustrate how Summit Learning can transform the classroom experience for students and teachers.
- Inside Silicon Valley's Big-Money Push to Remake American Education
October 2017, Mother Jones
This story is an in-depth profile of the founding and development of Summit Learning, despite a misleading headline. Reporter Kristina Rizga spent time shadowing Summit students and faculty, and characterizes Summit Learning as a thoughtful educational approach.
- In Student Hands
October 2017, EdTech Digest
In this op-ed, a Summit teacher shares her experience working with education technology, and how with the right tools, personalized learning has transformed her classroom.
- Summit Learning gives students freedom, teaches responsibility
October 2017, WeAreCentralPA
In this video, hear from Pennysylvania teachers and high school students about their experience using Summit Learning, its "rigorous, but flexible curriculum" and how it's helping them become more self-directed.
- These 3 California school networks are models for new Gates Foundation investments in education
October 2017, LA School Report
This article highlights Summit Public Schools and our success as a great example of the types of education investments that the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will continue to make to transform education.
- Why did Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg visit Eastern Kentucky on Sunday?
September 2017, Lexington Herald Leader
Learn more about Mark Zuckerberg's recent visit to Eastern Kentucky to see how Kentucky schools are transforming education with Summit Learning.
- Scaling Personalized Learning at Distinctive Schools: Going Slow to Go Fast
September 2017, Education Week
This contributed post from the Executive Director of Personalized Learning at Distinctive Schools, a charter school system in Chicago, shares valuable tips on how to successfully implement and scale personalized learning for educators and students.
- Resilience, Risk-Taking, and Dreaming Big
August 2017, Melinda Gates on Medium
Melinda Gates shares the "eye-opening lesson's" learned from her work with teachers and students over the past several years.
- Park City Learning Center embraces new approach, name
August 2017, Park Record
Learn more about a new Summit Learning school in Park City, Utah and why they chose Summit Learning for their students.
- The Science Behind Summit Public Schools' Model
August 2017, Education Week
This op-ed from Summit's Chief Academic Officer Adam Carter details the learning science and research behind the Summit Learning approach.
- Supporting Educators as Ambassadors for Mastery-based Learning
August 2017, Mastery Communications Week
Hear tips from Caitlyn Herman, head of schools for Summit Public Schools in the Bay Area, about the importance of communications in your school community.
- How it works: A new report explains the research behind a school model
August 2017, The Hechinger Report
Learn more about the launch of the Science of Summit report, the research behind it and how it's relevant for educators everywhere.
- Summit Learning: Empowering Students to Live the Lives They Want to Lead
July 2017, The Path to Higher Ed Podcast
Summit Learning mentor Nicholas Kim explains how the Summit Learning approach helps students learn about the benefits of a growth mindset and college and career readiness.
- Personalized Learning Is a Mindset Not a Prescribed Model
July 2017, Education Week
This profile of two Summit Learning schools in Chicago discusses why they chose personalized learning.
- Together, technology and teachers can revamp schools
July 2017, The Economist
This article showcases several examples of how technology can support teachers in transforming their classrooms.
- Personalized Learning Residency Places Teachers at Summit Public Schools
July 2017, THE Journal
Learn more about Summit's new teacher residency program, a credentialing program built around personalized learning.
- Priscilla Chan is running one of the most ambitious philanthropies in the world
July 2017, Recode
This story provides background on Priscilla Chan and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative's philosophy on philanthropy and education.
- Not Just Buzzwords: How Teachers Bring Big Ideas, Innovative Practices to Life
July 2017, EdSurge
Read a profile of Summit Learning school Delsesto Middle School, a Rhode Island school with a compelling perspective on personalized learning and technology.